Receive up-to-the-minute news updates on the hottest topics with NewsHub. Install now.

Kiatisak signs contract | Bangkok Post

30 ธันวาคม 2557, 23:00 น.
7 0

Coach Kiatisak Senamuang has finally received a formal contract from the Football Association of Thailand (FAT).

The 41-year-old, who guided Thailand to the Asean title earlier this month, yesterday confirmed he signed a four-year deal to coach the national side on Monday night.

"This has set a new standard in Thai football. Giving a Thai coach a formal contract proves Thai coaches are not inferior to foreign coaches,'' said Kiatisak.

Without a formal contract, Kiatisak steered the U23 side to win last year's SEA Games and reach the semi-finals at this year's Asian Games, and took the full national team to claim the AFF Suzuki Cup earlier this month.

"I will try to guide all the teams under my responsibility to become successful particularly at the Asian and world levels,'' he said.

"I want to make Thai fans' dream become true by taking Thailand to the World Cup during my reign."

Thailand will begin their qualifying campaign for the 2018 World Cup in June and will be trying to win their country's first ever finals spot.

FAT president Worawi Makudi has promised to give the team 300 million baht in bonuses if they earn a spot at the 2018 tournament in Russia.

Kiatisak's immediate assignment will be the King's Cup, to be held in Nakhon Ratchasima from Feb 1-7.

The four-team tournament will also feature Croatia, South Korea and North Korea.

"I will use the strongest side for the King's Cup. We have not won the King's Cup for seven years and my aim is to lift the King's trophy,'' said Kiatisak.

Kiatisak will also take charge of the U22 team that will play in the 2016 Olympic qualifying round and the U23 side that will defend the SEA Games title next year.

Meanwhile, Kiatisak received a hero's welcome in his home province of Khon Kaen yesterday.

But the coach was scared by an incident when an AirAsia flight turned back to Bangkok's Don Mueang airport shortly after take-off.

AirAsia officials said pilots detected an "irregularity" in the storage compartment.

It was allowed to resume service after engineers ruled out any technical problems.



ความคิดเห็น - 0